gratitude & hoopla: Retreating!

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

7.9.06

Retreating!

I'm off to a men's retreat for the next couple of days. Hanging around with about 60 guys in the woods. Ergo, I won't be roundabout till Saturday evening. I've had great times at these in the past, and sometimes not so great. Hey, I think when you put those two things together, great and not-so-great, you could call the resulting concoction "life"!

Anyway, I'll be looking for Jesus there. More specifically, I'll be looking for, listening for, and seeking to apply, the good news of Messiah Jesus, Lord of all. If I don't see or hear that, if I see and hear an alternative plan (human imperatives without Gospel indicatives), well, hey, maybe I'll just go for a walk in the woods.

Seriously, I have no expectations about this retreat. With regard to the teaching, I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude. But at the very least there will be fresh air, good friends, conversation, and perhaps even time to curl up with a good book.

In the meantime, Dan Cruver has a clearly-written and truly debris-clearing article called Gospel-Centered Men and Women. A very good and useful read.