gratitude & hoopla: Here's what I think . . .

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

2.9.06

Here's what I think . . .

Well, if you want to know what I think, you should carefully read this post from the Imonk. I mean, he says it so welll, that I want to print out this post and hand it to everyone I know, saying, "Here's what I think. Over and out." If you want a sample, try this:
I knew that there were codependent people in every church I ever served. These were people who “loved” (i.e. needed) the church like a drug and lived in a relationship with the church that kept the fix going. I knew that many people in church were going through marriage and family problems, economic stress or health breakdowns. The church was a way to numb, avoid or barter with God about these messes. Often, I listened to people complain about how busy they were at church compared to what they wanted to be doing in other areas of their life. It was backwards, but you could never admit it without questioning the whole system.
Yup. You got that right. Please, if you care about the church, drink a glass of reality-juice and read the whole post.