gratitude & hoopla: Update

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

23.8.06

Update

No, g&h is not dead, only slightly sleepy. I do want you to know that I've been trying the new Blogger beta and it is a vast . . . and I mean VAST . . . improvement.

I mentioned in my last post that I was experimenting with another blog that would reflect a broader range of interests than this one. I was calling it, for a while, "The 1sr R", because I saw it as a bookish blog of sorts, but really because I couldn't think of anything better. But I'm a little clearer about its purpose now, and so I've also settled on its permanent name. It's called Towamensing, which means "wild place" in the language of the Iriqois (I think).

The reason for that title will come clear as you read the blog (or maybe not). Actually, one primary focus of the blog will be a place to work out my understanding of this nagging story-idea I've got. I'd really like to write a novel, you see, and I believe I'm on the trail of one now. Towamensing is the place where I sniff out the clues. Anyway, I've only just posted once (having discarded all previous experiments), and the blogroll is definitely under construction, but you can find it here if you're interested.

Gratitude & hoopla, meanwhile, will continue. I've in the first week of my new work-schedule, which doesn't allow me to blog in the morning anymore, so I'm going to have to work out a new blogging routine. So I guess you can call this a period of a adjustment. As I said last time, posts may not be so frequent, or so lengthy, but post I will.