gratitude & hoopla: Changing Times

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

21.7.06

Changing Times

Some big changes coming in my little ol' life. Main one, I'll be sliding into a new position at work. I've been a reference librarian for the past five years, but now will be moving into a "back-of-the-house" role as purchaser for the three libraries at USM. This means, well, that I'll be buying books for a living. Hmmm, dreams really do come true!

The potential down-side of this is that I'll probably be going to work earlier, thus will have less morning time to blog. Morning has always been my blogging time. I don't intend to abandon this blog--not on your life--but I have no idea how evening blogging will effect the content.

The other thing is . . . well, umm, I think I'm going to try to write a novel. I hesitate to say this, because the whole thing could fall apart like a house of cards, but lately I've gone from toying with a few ideas to actually writing them down, working them out. I have no pretentions about writing a great novel or even a very good one, but I think it would be fun just to give it a whirl. And fun is my one goal, by the way. Fun, and finishing. I want to have fun with it, and I hope to finish it. But I don't have any qualitative goals. This thing could be comically bad, and that would be just alright with me.

So, what does all this mean for gratitude & hoopla? I dunno. Maybe shorter posts that simply link to other blogs, ala the good milton at Transforming Sermons. We'll just have to wait and see. What will remain constant, though, is gratitude. And hoopla. Because God is really really good!