gratitude & hoopla: Just let me say this about that . . .

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

16.5.06

Just let me say this about that . . .

Okay, everyone is talking about The Da Vinci Code. Except me. I'm not one of the 63 million (or something) who have read the book, although I'm not saying I never will. But in keeping with my cranky refusal to get down and dirty with the latest Christians vs. the world controversy, I'll just let this one pass. Because, let me assure you, it will. Even as Gibson's The Passion of the Christ wasn't the incredible turning point in modern cultural history (or even church history) that many predicted it would be, just as The Prayer of Jabez is now a faint ping on the radar screen of history, and Purpose-Driven Christians are getting harder to find every day, so this Da Vinci thing too will pass like a summer storm. I'm tellin' ya!