gratitude & hoopla: Checking In

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

24.3.06

Checking In

Spending the Lenten season (so far) being mostly quiet. I've just finished reading a little book called Cross-shattered Christ, by Stanley Hauerwas. It consists of seven short "meditations" (otherwise known as chapters) on "the seven last words of Jesus." I don't know that I would recommend this book, but it's got me thinking, anyway.

Another little Lenten project of mine has been to memorize some longish passages of Scripture: Isaiah 53, Mark 15:22-39, and Psalm 22. I've never done this sort of thing before, but I was inspired to do so (in part) by this post. It's going quite well so far. I think I'm going to keep it up.

Otherwise, I'm just reading lots, watching a little basketball, and generally keeping a weather-eye for signs of Spring.