gratitude & hoopla: Book Joy!

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

28.3.06

Book Joy!

I received a shipment of 6 books yesterday (joy joy joy) which I'd ordered at deep discounts from CBD. In the evening I tore through much of John Piper's Counted Righteous in Christ. This is scholarly exegetical stuff, and I'm not sure I'm "getting" everything here, and yet I can't put it down.

Another book that came with this batch is Michael Card's A Violent Grace. I'm going to use this little book for devotional purposes, reading a chapter a day, which should take me right up to Easter (so you see it arrived right on schedule!). I'll be sharing more from this book in the coming days, but for now, dwell for a moment on this wonderful quotation from Charles Spurgeon:
If you reject Him, He answers you with tears.
If you wound Him, He bleeds out cleansing.
If you kill Him, He dies to redeem.
If you bury Him, He rises again to bring resurrection.