gratitude & hoopla: Happy Talk

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

26.1.06

Happy Talk

I love Eight Strings. No, I mean, not just because I know the blogger pretty well (duh), but I just like the blog. In his latest post Nate takes note of an international happiness survey. Turns out that, according to the survey, Americans aren't particularly happy. [Who woulda thunk?] Of course, you don't need a survey to tell you that, but it kind of puts the fact in stark relief. There seems to be no correlation between material prosperity and happiness (or perhaps there's a negative correlation). Nate's advice: "burn everything you own in a pile in the front yard..."

Nate, as far as I know, has not done this yet.