gratitude & hoopla: My Sentiments Exactly

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

5.12.05

My Sentiments Exactly

I'm still thinking about how God is able to do abundantly more than we can ask or think (Eph 3:20). I wrote in my "off-line" journal (you know, notebook . . . pencil), "This is why we need the Spirit in our prayers, so that they won't be limited by the boundaries of our own perspective, our own imagination, for only the Spirit knows the boundary-less mind of God."

A few minutes later I sat down to breakfast, turning on the radio for the weekend sports report. Hearing only commercials, I switched over to what I call preacher-radio. The man was saying, "We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

What I said!