gratitude & hoopla: Strolling through Ephesians

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

18.11.05

Strolling through Ephesians

I'm working my way very slowly through Ephesians as a morning devotional. I stay with a passage until I sense that it's time to move on. Usually I write the passage out (a practice I learned from my wife, the Lovely L), and then I rewrite it in my own words: either the whole passage, or one particular verse or even phrase. Eventually I journal my own thoughts on the subject, perhaps bringing in other texts, perhaps coming up with a brief parable to illustrate the point.

And some of this I've been sharing here at g&h. These are not "finished" and finely-crafted documents. They are, instead, a sample of my morning preoccupations. This is me, working my way through Ephesians, wondering, ruminating, following (I hope) where the text leads. These are the The blogposts from this series so far: Before the Foundation, Grace-kindled, The Down Payment, Wisdom and Revelation, Possessing the Inheritance, and most recently On Experiencing the Hope of Glory and the Power of God.

I'm going to keep at this. I'm not the least bit tired of Ephesians. Heck, I'm not even tired of the first chapter. I'm just more sure that this is what I want to be doing here at g&h. Come along with me, if you like. And if you feel so inclined, join in the conversation as we go.