gratitude & hoopla: A Comment about Comments

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

8.11.05

A Comment about Comments

I've decided to disable "word verification" on this blog, but to enable "comment moderation." What this means is that you won't have to re-type those annoying "words" like ajpxfl or the ever-popular fzqdbg. But it also means that your comments will not appear promptly, but will be sent to me (Herr Moderator) for approval.

The whole point of all this is to prevent evil spam. But the problem with word-verifcation, I suspect, is that it actually discourages comments. That's bad. So I'll try moderation instead, which, as I've often heard, is a good policy "in all things."

So . . . comment away!