gratitude & hoopla: Boice on Persevering Grace

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

3.11.05

Boice on Persevering Grace

Boice speaks of that day when we will stand before the Father. We will have persevered only because He persevered. His grace toward us was a persevering grace, a grace that will not be withdrawn or turned aside, but will continue unto the great day. Boice writes,
[A]nd then he shall look upon us and be pleased with what he sees. He will say when he looks at us, "It has all been worthwhile. It was good for me to have sent my Son to die on that cross, suffering the pain, agony, and torment of the crucifixion to save this sinner from his sins. He is what I wanted to make him. He is like my Son. I am satisfied. I am well-pleased." When we hear that, we will be well pleased, too. And far from taking glory to ourselves for what has happened, we will glorify him who in that way glorified us.
From The Glory of God's Grace, p 244.