gratitude & hoopla: The Glory of God's Grace (I)

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

15.10.05

The Glory of God's Grace (I)

I've just started reading The Glory of God's Grace by James Montgomery Boice. Looking over my stack of recently purchased books, this one seemed to be the one that was calling my name, if you know what I mean. The book's subtitle is, "The Meaning of God's Grace--and How It Can Change Your Life". Published originally in 1993, the book is touted by Packer and Sproul on its back cover, so you know this is no Velvet Elvisy gobbledy-gook. I've had quite enough of that, thank you.

So here's what I may just do. I may just share this book with you as I read. This blog is supposed to be, after all, a response to God's grace. [And the natural response . . . gratitude & hoopla!] Furthermore, writing about a book (traditionally, in a journal or in the margins or white-space of the book itself) can often assist us to comprehend and retain what we've read. With this in mind, I'm going to set down my notes, my questions, my responses and recapitulations, here in Blogger-space . . . and if anyone else wants to follow along, well, all I've got to say is, the honor is all mine!