gratitude & hoopla: Prayer

gratitude & hoopla

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

1.9.05

Prayer

For two days now we've had some strangely turbulent weather here, distant effects, I suppose, of Katrina. Like everyone else I've been watching the unfolding events, the aftermath of the storm, with horror, sorrow, prayer. My sister and her family are all safe, having evacuated on Sunday. Realizing now that they won't be back in their home for weeks, they headed north to stay with my mother in Pennsylvania. They don't know how their home faired. It is all about waiting now, for them.

My God, it is all so incredible. In truth, I'm not sure what to pray this morning. The only thing is to cry out. It is time for the prayer without words, the cry, the plea, of the heart. May you equip us, Lord, for this time, this need, through Jesus Christ.